Who will be the masters of the data universe?
Data ownership and the extent to which data can be used, re-used and exchanged play a fundamental role for the emerging European data-driven economy. Whereas day-by-day practices of data exchange are rapidly evolving, the underlying legal framework is not.The webinar will focus on the key issues that businesses are facing today when using data, their associated legal challenges and the initiatives planned by the European Commission to overcome existing bottlenecks. When?
20 July 2016 from 14:00 - 15:00 CEST (12:00 - 13:00 UTC)Agenda:
- Welcome & Introduction (Katarzyna Jakimowicz, Open Evidence)
- The business viewpoint: business challenges about data ownership issues (Giorgio Micheletti, IDC)
- A lawyer’s viewpoint: legal challenges related to data ownership issues (Arthur van der Wees, Arthur’s Legal)
- The EC Free flow of data initiative (David Osimo, Open Evidence)
- Questions & Answers
- Wrap-Up and Conclusions
- Establishes a shared data market taxonomy
- Defines the existing data value chain
- Considers the key framework conditions affecting the Data Market
- Specifies the data collection methodologies
- Measures the overall EU Data Market and data Economy through a set of six main indicators
Do you have any questions?Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us through Twitter: @eudatalandscape and #eudatalandscape